Cornershop Creative (https://cornershopcreative.com) is seeking an awesome, U.S.-based WordPress developer to join our 20+ distributed team.
The core responsibility for this position will be building and styling WordPress-based websites, typically from a premium WordPress theme, for our non-profit and small business clients.
We are looking for a great designer with demonstrable WordPress skills and experience. This position will be responsible for interpreting client requirements and turning them into beautiful websites by creating wireframes and design mockups; installing and configuring WordPress themes and plugins; using page builders to implement designs and populate content; optimizing web pages for performance, accessibility and SEO; and maintaining brand consistency across entire sites.
Our ideal candidate is a hard-working, curious self-starter comfortable working independently with little supervision, but also able to work as part of a team that includes developers and non-developers. Since we’re a permanently distributed shop (not just during the pandemic), youâll get to work from home! Cool, right?
* Experience building beautiful, content-rich pages in Gutenberg, Elementor, and/or other page builders
* Basic understanding of the WordPress theme layer: template files and hierarchy, hooks, WP_Query, and so on. Experience creating or writing a plugin a PLUS
* General knowledge of PHP and MySQL
* Strong knowledge of HTML5 markup and CSS
* Strong knowledge of SEO best practices and WCAG 2.1 guidelines
* Experience with CSS preprocessors & libraries (particularly SASS)
* Familiarity with current (and evolving) best practices in front-end dev regarding semantics, performance, cross-browser consistency, accessibility, speed optimization, etc.
* Wireframe, UI experience and excellent web design skills not required but a PLUS
* Ability to laugh at our stupid jokes (and the occasional good one)
* Familiarity with command line tools like ssh, git, gulp and wp-cli
* Wonât lose your s#!% if you occasionally get feedback like âcan we make the logo bigger?â or âchange the padding by 1px,â which may happen despite our best efforts
* Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and work across multiple clients (we keep pretty busy!)
* Ability to âput yourself in someone elseâs shoesâ to consider the clientâs (and clientâs usersâ) needs
* Remembering to un-mute yourself before talking on conference calls
* Being passionate about progressive causes
Cornershop Creative is an award-winning online services agency committed to listening carefully to our non-profit and small business clients and helping them achieve their goals. Our designs are beautiful, and our websites are creative and innovative. Learn more about us at https://cornershopcreative.com/.
Salary: Approximately $60,000
Cornershop is an equal opportunity employer.