We are looking for a Systems Engineer who has strong experience with Linux and Elasticsearch to join our Elastic team.
Our team provides managed Elasticsearch clusters for use by other groups. In addition, we are responsible for deploying virtual infrastructure to our OpenStack private cloud and building and maintaining all the systems used for monitoring, logging, monitoring, and deployment of our systems and services.
You have a passion for automation and will build and maintain a reusable Elasticsearch as a Service solution for other teams in the company.
Your experience with Elasticsearch and related technologies will allow you to act as a subject matter expert for the teams that are using Elasticsearch.
#About the Role:
Who you are:
– You have extensive experience working with and troubleshooting Linux-based systems.
– You have extensive experience maintaining infrastructure via configuration management (SaltStack or similar) and infrastructure as code (Terraform or similar).
– You have solid experience working with and supporting ElasticSearch.
– You have a passion and a talent for automation.
– You have experience working with public or private cloud (OpenStack or similar).
– You have experience with container orchestration (Nomad or similar).
– You are comfortable working with Git and GitHub.
– You are a team player who enjoys learning from others, as well as helping others learn.
Who you might be:
– You might have experience writing automation tools in Python.
– You might have experience creating your own Docker images.
– You might have experience creating or maintaining an in-house “as a Service” solution.
What you will do:
– Maintain the Elastic Team’s infrastructure using Terraform and Salt.
– Provide Elasticsearch clusters “as a Service”, via automated deployment pipelines (GitHub Actions).
Ensure our monitoring system (Prometheus and Grafana) keeps tabs on everything and notifies us when problems arise (or preferably before problems arise!).
– Be a subject matter expert for Elasticsearch and related technologies (Logstash, Kibana, Filebeat), and guide the teams who are using these systems.
We do a lot, but at our core, we’re in the business of keeping people connected and keeping the Internet open.
As the second-largest domain registrar in the world by volume (OpenSRS, Enom, EPAG, Ascio and Hover), we help people find their place online.
As Ting Internet, we bring Crazy Fast Fiber Internetâ to communities across the U.S, helping them unlock the power of the Internet.
As a Mobile Services Enabler (MSE), we force big networks to compete and innovate.
Join The Herd at https://www.tucows.com/careers/
Investor info (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC): https://www.tucows.com/investors/
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with invested growth opportunities. So if you are ready to be part of a fast-growing technology company where you determine your future, we want to hear from you.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.