Come work directly alongside our founders and be a member of our small, but experienced, engineering and product team. Our tech stack consists of Typescript, Babylon.js, React, Apollo/GraphQL, and Nest.js. Everything is built on top of AWS using modern tooling.
Spot is trying to reimagine the distributed workplace, building a full-featured 3D office inside the browser. Within Spot, users can easily see and navigate the workplace, start conversations with the click of a button, and a whole lot more!
This is a remote position, but we are primarily located in Seattle, WA.
## Responsibilities include
– Helping to realize our product roadmap and build out new features. This includes both the front-end UI as well as the backend logic
– Tweaking and improving existing features and functionality
– Solving scaling challenges related to our existing code and growing base of customers
– Helping to evolve our codebase and team: improving automation, tooling, and overall code quality
## What we look for
– Several years of experience as part of a high-performing engineering team
– Deep experience with web technologies, preferably React and Node.js
– Solid front-end expertise. Deep understanding of HTML and CSS
– A pragmatic approach to problem solvingâ knowing what good code looks like while also understanding the art of shipping
– The ability to work independently at times and simply get stuff done.
## Nice to haves
– Experience with real time audio and video streaming
– A proclivity towards 3D programming. Babylon.js experience a plus
– An eye for product design and building beautiful user interfaces
– Enjoyment of remote work, but an appreciation for some things that a physical office can bring (we want to close this gap!)