# In brief
* Exciting domain: Spies, games, lasers, physical installations, film festivals..
* Small, all-senior, fully-remote team with a lot of independence
* Varied work with lots of opportunities to learn
# Who we are
SPYSCAPE, the home of secrets & skills, uses stories & experiences to inspire ordinary people to do extraordinary things. We all have valuable âintelligence skillsâ, and from our 70,000 sq ft physical HQ (the #1 rated museum & experience in New York City) to our digital content and experiences, we help you to discover & develop yours.
In the physical world, SPYSCAPE HQ in New York City is the number one ranked new museum & experience on Google and TripAdvisor. It features seven core experiential zones, plus a huge temporary space that currently features the first ever James Bond exhibition in the USA.
In the digital world: our SPYCRAFT content includes authentic online spy skills assessments designed by a former Head of Training at British Intelligence, plus related articles, puzzles and videos; our True Spies podcasts (with hosts Hayley Atwell and Vanessa Kirby) provide unique insights into the world of espionage; Our SPYFLIX film festival and SPYCON live events platform, plus numerous other exciting new initiatives, will launch in the coming months.
# How we work
We are looking for a mid- or senior-level software engineer to join our development team of five.
We use Ruby on Rails and Node.js with PostgreSQL for our server-side web applications, continuously deploying them to AWS Fargate and AWS Lambda using CircleCI. We use React, React Native, and TypeScript for building rich client-side applications on SPYSCAPE.com, on interactives in our HQ, and as mobile applications.
We care deeply about the quality of our work and we use code review and pair-programming to ensure our code is not only timely but also simple, clean and covered by tests. We use agile ways of working to ensure we are consistently delivering working software at a sustainable pace, seeking feedback from users and stakeholders early and often.
# What youâll be working on
Our current projects include:
* Building a rich immersive mobile game for SPYSCAPE fans in React Native.
* Continuing to enhance the web site, including personalised spy-skills profiles
* Supporting the operation of the physical HQ, including on-site interactives like the 360-degree Surveillance game, our RFID ticketing, and admin systems.
# Who weâre looking for
* Experience with Ruby and Rails
* Devops experience, ideally using AWS
* Understanding and appreciation of BDD / TDD / Testing
* Interest in spies, games, stories, immersive experiences, and/or helping people uncover their hidden skills
* Desire to work in a small, independent tech team, across a wide variety of projects, within a fast-moving business
* Ability to help shape our work on both a product level and an architectural level
* Experience developing mobile apps (preferably with React Native)
* Experience with frontend web styling using SCSS, styled components, or similar
# Time and place
* Permanent, full-time role
* Fully remote, UK time zone (plus or minus an hour or two)
# Everyone is welcome
We aim to maintain an inclusive and diverse environment, and welcome applications from everyone, especially groups who are underrepresented in our industry.
Weâre also happy to discuss flexible working arrangements, and to make reasonable accommodations for individual needs.
# Next steps
Drop us an email at email@example.com and weâll set up a time to have a chat.