Digitally Imported is the team behind DI.FM, JazzRadio.com, ClassicalRadio.com and a related family of niche Internet radio brands – available on browsers and via our native mobile apps. Operating for over two decades, we’re a midsized (~40 full time team members) organization where everyone works remote from wherever they are around the globe. We don’t watch the clock or mandate any set schedule outside of occasional remote meetings – we’re just looking for kickass work. Music isn’t just our business, it runs in the blood of the company – we’re DJs, audio engineers, performers, and more… all supporting streaming of great music to a loyal fanbase.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer is responsible for ensuring the quality and integrity of all mobile applications, front-end and back-end products through the development and execution of software testing, planning and documentation. The QA Engineer monitors processes and procedures in product development and design under the guidance of the QA Team Lead and the Product Owner.
This is a telecommute position. We are headquartered in Denver, USA but our team is distributed all over the world. Perfect for those digital natives looking for the flexibility of working remotely. Importantly, the person who lands this position needs to love working with people and love music.
**Responsibilities and Accountability**
– Plan, execute and communicate work on several mobile and web applications within our portfolio of products.
– Perform functional and non-functional testing of software products.
– Investigate and report defects found during development and reported by a support team.
– Design, implement, execute and debug tests cases and scripts.
– Validate and document completion of testing and development.
– Automate test cases (we use Postman + JS scripts for API, Ghost Inspector for Web, and currently weâre implementing Appium for mobile apps).
– Verify bug fixes on staging and production environments.
– Participate in requirement analysis activity to ensure that the requirements are complete, clear and
– Other duties as assigned.
**Core Competencies and Experience**
– 5+ yearsâ experience in software development with emphasis on quality assurance methodologies and testing
– Bachelorâs in software engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
– Proficiency within our technology stack from a QA perspective (Backend in Ruby/Rails; iOS app in Swift, Android app in Kotlin, Web sites are using Marionette.js), ability to work across all of application layers (Web apps, mobile native apps, databases, API etc).
– Understanding of software project development concepts and quality control methodologies.
– Passion for music
– Communicate clearly in written English
– Strong technical skills and experience in:
– Working with mobile logging/debugging tools (ADB, Android Studio, Xcode)
– Working with proxy tools, e.g. Charles
– Git/Github for source control
– API testing
– Test automation experience (Web / Mobile / Backend) will be a big plus
– Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
– Ability to work in a remote team environment
– Self-driven, organized and motivated to deliver kick-ass results