### What you will do
As a member of the Game Services team for the AAA video game Star Citizen, you will be responsible for building the online MMO backend services & related tools, acting on both the server and game-client side. The team is based in Montreal but operates mostly online with Could Imperium Games studios located in the US and the UK.
#### Your main objectives will be to:
* Design service APIs to power game features by working closely with Game Designers.
* Develop scalable online macroservices in a large meshed service ecosystem
* Program in tandem with Gameplay Developers to enable the game client
* Take ownership of game features in the MMO architecture from inception to deployment and operation.
#### You will work in the following stacks:
* Communications with gRPC & Protobuf
* Gameplay services under Node.JS with Typescript
* High throughput services with C++ and gRPC
* C++ Game Client (StarEngine) communications with gRPC
* Distributed message queues (Kafka)
* Deployment with Kubernetes, Docker, and Linkerd2
### Youâre Savvy in
* Communicating efficiently with people and translating technical jargon
* Adapting to various contexts, sometimes shifting priorities
* Managing your schedule to ensure productivity and efficiency in projects
* Showing autonomy, being thorough and curious about new technologies
* Getting things done, sharing good practices in backend development, contributing to implementing efficient processes
### You have Accomplished
* Relevant programming experience or Bachelor in Computer Science
* 4 years+ of experience in backend programming
* 2 years+ of experience in programming with Node.js and experience with TypeScript
* Good understanding of Linux shell, git and build pipelines
* Good understanding of real-time network communication through gRPC, WebSocket
* Knowledge of Event-Sourcing and Domain-Driven Design (DDD)
* Experience with C/C++
* Experience with Docker and Kubernetes; *an asset*
* Experience working in a video game studio, *an asset*
### Youâre Eager to Take On
* Build macroservices in a polyglot environment
* Be part of a fast-iterating development environment
* Estimate the effort to perform specific tasks, commit to delivery deadlines and help the team set and respect production timeline collectively
* Mentor other developers on technologies you have learned to master
* Designing innovative online services by focusing on fault-tolerance, scalability & security
* Understanding the game features in order to provide clean, well defined, and documented service APIs
* Using Cloud Native technologies to guarantee that Star Citizen is built on top of a sustainable ecosystem
* Providing tools and applications to enable LiveOps teams to manage the game.
* Interacting with infrastructure engineers to analyze, inform, review and improve the reliability and scalability of the gameâs backend
Turbulent is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability.
The salary displayed on the posting is an estimation. The compensation offered depends on the seniority and experience of each candidate.