**US Remote / Full-time**
MarcoPolo is reinventing early learning children’s media for a new generation. The company is a top global publisher of award-winning educational games and videos for children age 3-7. We inspire children to become explorers and life-long learners. We make STEAM learning an adventure, filled with the thrills and joys of discovery, for early learners, parents and educators.
Apps include our flagship subscription-based app, Emmy-nominated MarcoPolo World School, and a suite of free-to-play apps (Weather, Arctic, Recall and Ocean). MarcoPolo also produces award-winning content for broadcast. Our TV series, The Polos, is broadcast worldwide, including Discovery Family (USA), NatGeo (LatAm), YouKu (China) and Nickelodeon (India).
**The Role: **
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled DevOps Engineer to join our team and help us scale our Cloud Infrastructure, Developer Platforms, Security Operations, and Site Reliability initiatives. MarcoPolo is entering a new phase of growth, and this is a unique opportunity to join a proven and maturing business and technology team, as a key member of the development team.
The ideal candidate will have at least 7 years of experience in working in DevOps/IT/Infrastructure roles. The right candidate will be a start-up ready team player, willing to push the bar to achieve ambitious targets and not afraid to face new challenges. Hungry to learn and share their knowledge, passionate about programming and new technologies.
You will be working closely with Software and QA Engineers to help them deploy and operate different systems through automation and streamlining operational processes.
* You will oversee all code deployments and infrastructure changes to deployment environments
* Manage all aspects of AWS infrastructure including database technologies, ensuring that backend architecture is scalable and highly available
* Promote good engineering practices across their development team including logging and monitoring, designing for reliability, scalability and security, automated testing, risk and incident management
* Collaborate with internal and external, technical and non-technical teams to build and support development platforms and applications
* Work with relevant teams to set up best practices, leading the way in DevOps best practice definition and improvements
* Collaborate with the tech and business leaders to implement best practices on DevOps, SRE, deployment checklists, and logging and monitoring
* At least 7 years of experience in the following areas:
* Deep hands-on experience with AWS cloud technologies
* Hands-on experience with container based environments such as Elastic Beanstalk, ECS or Kubernetes
* Complex multi-stage pipelines that achieve true CICD from Development to Production
* Ability to fulfill a diverse set of responsibilities and needs across DevOps, Infrastructure, IT and Security
* Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
Strong analytical skills, excellent project planning and communication skills, experience leading a team, and a proven track record of building and managing large, scalable systems infrastructure.
Competitive salary based on experience, with benefits/incentives to be discussed.
We want to recruit the best talent for the next phase of company growth. MarcoPolo Learning is based in London, New York and Shanghai. We operate a remote working model and will prioritize the best candidate in any location.