Media Sourcery is a software company that licenses its software to enterprise clients. Products range from cold chain + blockchain applications to rules engines + workflow software. While our main customers are healthcare focused, our products and solutions apply to any industry.
Weâre in search of a Scala Engineer that specializes in API development to work with our customization team. In this role, youâll code in Scala/Scalatra and will bring a depth of knowledge on basic algorithms, data structures and micro services. As a Back-End Software Engineer, on any given day you might be architecting new features for our customers, refactoring existing code to be more scalable, and seeing changes through to completion in a live environment.
**Roles and Responsibilities**
* Build robust and scalable software in Scala/Scalatra.
* Design and create services and system architecture for your projects, and contribute and provide feedback to other team members.
* Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews.
* Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of Back-End Software Engineers, Project Managers and System Administrators.
* Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products.
* Work with the product manager and front end developers to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
* Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule.
* 2+ years of recent hands-on coding and software design.
* A track record of projects completed on time â you are a flawless executor, not a procrastinator.
* You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges.
* Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle, best practices and Agile Software Development.
* Solid OOP and software design knowledge â you should know how to create software thatâs extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives.
* Experience with Scala/Scalatra and the willingness to learn new technologies (experience with other object-oriented languages is okay too, but our code is Scala, so you should be able to get up-to-speed quickly).
* Establish Back-End Software Engineer best practices.
* Work autonomously, are excited by new technologies, and will never back down from the challenges of scale.
* Knowledge in database systems and SQL databases such as Oracle.
* Experience deploying machine learning models is a plus.
**In this role you will:**
* Create APIs that support the automation of workflows for a medical supply company.
* Automate data collection, pre-processing, governance, and analysis.
* Work closely with program managers and UI teams to implement the data processing logic using Scala/Scalatra
* Communicate findings clearly and succinctly to technical and non-technical audience.
* Strong programming skills in Scala.
* Demonstrates strong attention to detail.
* Experience with database architecture and design including scalability, performance and high availability.
* Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, iterative development environment.