# Sales Business Development Representative (Entry Level)- SDR/BDR
* **Position type:** Full-time employee
* **Seniority:** Entry level (individual contributor)
* **Location:** Remote (desired time zone [between UTC-7 and UTC+1](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTC_offset#/media/File:World_Time_Zones_Map.png))
* **Compensation:** USD 50â60k OTE annual + stock options
## About Athenian
At [Athenian](https://athenian.co/?utm_source=remoteok.io&utm_campaign=hiring_sales_sbdr&utm_content=link_company) we help development teams get end-to-end visibility into how software is being developed & delivered, so they can improve towards best practices and find bottlenecks.
Athenian provides a productivity & analytics web product ([see live demo](https://app.athenian.co/demo/?utm_source=remoteok.io&utm_campaign=hiring_sales_sbdr&utm_content=link_demo)) that turns software development metadata such as tickets (Jira), source code host providers (Github, etc), CI/CD tools (Github checks, Travis, etc.) and others into actionable metrics and insights.
Athenian is a technology startup founded at the end of 2019 which launched its SaaS product mid-2020. We already have paying customers, a healthy pipeline and traction with customers.
We are a [team of 12](https://www.linkedin.com/company/athenian/?utm_source=remoteok.io&utm_campaign=hiring_sales_sbdr&utm_content=link_team) who are entirely remote across 6 countries. Our aim is to build a sustainable and profitable business that grows by focusing on solving customers’ problems, not by raising more venture capital.
## About the role
As a **Sales Business Development Representative** at **Athenian** you can expect to have a big impact in the business success and the growth of the organization.
You are expected to own the sales representative approach focused on outreach, prospecting, and lead qualification. You will work directly with the Vice President of Sales.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside our highly skilled team to help execute the go-to-market & sales strategy and build a B2B sales organization from early stages.
You will be in a collaborative environment where you will work inside the sales team and collaborate closely together with growth hacking, customer success and product management to maximize revenue from our target customer profile.
This is a fully remote position and no travel is required.
* Provide a world-class prospect and customer experience through every interaction
* Become a product expert and learn Athenian selling practices
* Build sales pipeline within specific geographies, market segments and/or campaigns
* Follow-up and develop new business opportunities within all market segments
* Qualify opportunities and transition to Account Executives
* Nurture potential opportunities
* Follow up on inbound leads and campaign inquiries
* Follow-up on captured leads from marketing events and activities
* Help develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities in regional areas
* Research target accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts
* Keep records of interactions with leads in our CRM
### Skills & Experience
* Native English, written and spoken
* Empathetic listener and persuasive communicator
* Great skills at reaching out and making contact via phone, email, social media and in-person
* Ability to work and collaborate remotely
* Consistent track record of overachieving
* Coachable and a willingness to learn and adapt
* Resilience, ability to learn from failure
* Great research skills
* Commitment to pursuing a career in sales
* Experience in competitive team environments
* Experience working in a remote environment
* Experience with prospection, sales, recruiting and other people-facing roles
* Experience with sales, marketing, startups, SaaS
* Experience with Pipedrive or similar CRM tools preferred
* Experience with LinkedIn, social media and similar platforms
* Experience with office tools and task automation
* Understanding of the typical SaaS sales cycle
* Understanding of software development field
* Responsible and professional
* Independent, goal-oriented, proactive attitude
* Competitive, driven by results and motivated to develop your career in sales
* Organized and committed to excellence
* Disciplined and communicative in remote environments
* Collaborative and with a strong team-spirit
* Curious and interested in learning new things
## Sales at Athenian
The sales at Athenian is growing. You will have the opportunity to work alongside our highly skilled team to help execute the go-to-market & sales strategy and help build a B2B sales organization from early stages.
## Culture at Athenian
* Athenian is a fully remote company. At the moment, we are 12 people from 6 different countries working closely together in a fully-distributed way.
* We put a lot of value into collaboration and feedback, no matter if it comes from our CEO, a customer, Product or Engineering because we know that the best ideas can come from anywhere.
* We believe in transparency and collaboration, which reflects how we operate internally and externally.
* We are humane and care about each other’s growth and wellbeing.
* Flexible hours, set your own schedule that fits you.