Azavea is seeking someone with a marketing or communications background to advance our mission and generate inbound leads as our Marketing Lead. In this role, you will work closely with the Executive, Business Development, and User Experience teams to plan and implement marketing strategies that support business development and customer service. This primarily includes content, digital marketing, and print, but could include public relations and event support.
Goals of this role
– Maintain and improve Azaveaâs market and brand position.
– Generate inbound and outbound leads through digital marketing.
What You Will Do
A note on hiring during the COVID-19 pandemicÂ
The majority of our colleagues generally work out of our Philadelphia office, but during Covid, we transitioned the entire company to remote work. The office is now open, but many of our colleagues are remote for the time being.Â Due to our concern for the health and safety of our team, we are open to either in-person or remote interviews. We have made arrangements for remote onboarding, including shipping relevant materials and a laptop to your home. We are fortunate to have invested in meaningful work-from-home tools and processes over the years and have been able to continue providing a secure, flexible, and safe work environment for all of our colleagues. We ask for your patience as we adapt our hiring process as well, and are happy to answer any questions or concerns about the process.
Office and Benefits
Our Philadelphia headquarters is located in a brightly lit office on the 5th floor of a converted factory building in the Callowhill neighborhood, a short walk from Center City, the Reading Terminal Market, and SEPTA subway and regional rail stations. For bicyclists, we have in-house bike parking, showers, and lockers. The office itself is assembled as an open office plan with several smaller rooms for team meetings and concentration time. You get your own desk with a high-end Linux workstation or Apple laptop and extra monitors. We have flex-time to deal with personal stuff, and most people work a 40 – 45 hour week on a regular schedule. After the first six months, our staff can also spend up to 10% of their time on an open source, professional development, or R&D project. Recent 10% time projects include experiments with machine learning, React Native, and various forms of serverless processing with Amazon Lambda.
We expect a starting salary in the range of $50,000-$60,000 commensurate with skills and experience in addition to a benefits package that includes:
– Fully subsidized health care, dental care, prescription plan, including for spouse/partner and children
– Fully subsidized life and long-term disability insurance, plus voluntary short-term disability insurance
– Medical reimbursement plan to cover what the health insurance does not
– Retirement plan with matching percentage
– Almost 4 weeks paid vacation plus additional paid sick/personal time off
– Family and medical leave
– Flexible work schedule
– Paid maternity and paternity leave
– Child care subsidy
– Paid time off for voting and volunteering
– Education assistance plan
– Student loan assistance
– Public transit and biking reimbursement plans
– Monthly guest lectures with lunches on the company
– 10% time for research or learning projects
– Profit-sharing bonus plan
– Financial transparency through an open book policy
– Kind, capable and thoughtful colleagues