### About Loomly
Loomly is the Brand Success Platform that empowers marketing teams to streamline collaboration. Think GitHub, for marketing teams: Loomly help marketers produce, stage, review, approve and publish content â as well as engage with their audience and measure their success. We are very customer-driven and strive to bring simplicity, efficiency and stellar support to our clients.
Loomly is trusted by 11K+ teams around the world and consistently growing revenue at a 100%+ yearly rate. We’re looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer/SRE to join us on this journey.
### How we work
We are a small, fully remote company. We value our efficiency and effectiveness, leveraging autonomy, paying close attention to details and avoiding unnecessary bureaucracy. Our domain requires us to be flexible and adaptable. We take ownership of our work and truly appreciate valuable feedback.
We’re driven and self-motivated to succeed. We value rest and time-off â we’re not into 50-hour workweek grinds. We’re in it for the long-haul and we’re building the sustainable company that we all want to work for.
### About the role
Loomly is looking for someone to take ownership of and lead our DevOps/SRE efforts. This role will have a significant impact on the way we work as a team as well as Loomly’s current and future growth.
As the Lead DevOps Engineer you’ll work on a variety of projects across the stack â planning, architecting and building. You’ll help to define engineering priorities and have a significant role in analyzing and setting the technologies we use at Loomly.
### What you’ll work on
* Architect, deploy and manage critical infrastructure
* Architect and scale background job systems
* Utilize ECS to host applications and manage container orchestration (EC2 + Fargate)
* Collaborate with other team members (DevOps, Full-Stack, Customer Support, etc.) to plan and complete projects
* Tune, maintain and scale databases
* Create and manage CI/CD pipelines
* Provide visibility, insights and metrics via log and monitoring systems
* Improve and design data/ETL pipelines
* Build and improve developer workflows and tools
* In-depth knowledge of AWS and best-practices
* Ample experience planning, architecting and deploying infrastructure from initial requirements using a detailed, thorough and organized approach
* History of very explicit, clear and detailed written communication
* In-depth knowledge of Docker and container orchestration
* Based in USA or Canada
* Prior experience running and maintaining Ruby applications
* Architecting and scaling queueing and background job systems
* Experience running, scaling and managing Postgres and/or Redis
* Experience building and maintaining ETL pipelines
* Current Tech Stack Highlights
* Infrastructure: AWS, Docker, Elastic Container Service (ECS), Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, Terraform
* Backend: Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, Node.js, Postgres, Redis
* Frontend: Turbolinks, React
### Benefits and Perks
* Annual salary range: $150K – $180K
* Equity: 0.1% – 0.5%
* Paid time off: 20 days (160 hours) earned throughout the year in pay periods
* Health, vision and dental: group plan covering 99% of health insurance premiums (Gold Tier PPO Plan), and 75% of your dental and vision insurance premiums
* 401(k): 100% match up to 4% of salary with immediate vesting
* Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
* Quarterly company get-togethers