********LevelUp provides high quality, outsourced customer support for WordPress plugin & theme creators.
We currently have a team of 40 WordPress Technical Support Engineers and expect to double in size over the next 2 years.
Weâre now looking for a Head of Customer Support to manage the day to day operations of our existing support team, which is going to help us unlock the next phase of growth for the business.
This is a senior leadership position within the company, working directly with the company CEO; this person will have significant input in terms of how we shape our organisation over the next few years.
**Key responsibilities include:**
* Management oversight of 40 to 50 Technical Support Engineers, working with Team Leads to ensure the team are performing well and that morale & engagement is high.
* Ensure that we have a process in place for regular 1:1s & performance reviews with a focus on making sure team members feel listened to, that their performance is on track and that they are given the opportunity to advance within the company in line with their professional development goals.
* Monitor team KPIs (number of tickets handled per day, response times, customer satisfaction scores, attendance & schedule) via daily, weekly & monthly reports and make sure these are in line with the goals of our clients & the company.
* Build on our existing quality assurance process so that team membersâ support interactions are reviewed on a regular basis, with a focus on identifying areas for improvement & recognition of great work.
* Manage continuous training & development so that team members that need or want to sharpen their skills in a given area have a clear path for growth within the company (e.g. technical WordPress training, written communication, team leadership, etc.)
* Work with the CEO to improve our existing training & onboarding process for new hires.
**The ideal candidate should have:**
* Native-level written & spoken English. This is crucial for being able to assess the quality of any individualâs support work.
* Experience with WordPress, either as a developer, technical support / support manager, or website administrator. The level of support that we provide can get quite technical – troubleshooting live customer websites, using dev tools & error logs to debug issues, offering custom hooks, custom CSS, etc. – and although a technical WordPress background is not essential for the management of the team, it would certainly be beneficial.
* Excellent soft skills; being able to communicate with team members in a constructive way that is mindful of their well-being. Even difficult conversations relating to performance issues should be approached with the utmost respect for the individual.
* Meticulous attention to detail; being able to delve into any support interaction that may have been escalated to see where we might have gone wrong and how it could have been improved.
* A passion for helping others develop new skills. We have a strong focus on the professional development of our team members; we want to give individuals every opportunity to learn and improve skills.
* Previous experience as head of a large technical support team in a WordPress environment.
* Involved in the WordPress community (attends meetups, contributes to WordPress in some way).
* Background in WordPress development (in combination with management experience).
* Fully remote position – work from anywhere!
* A company culture that focuses on the well-being of its team members – good work-life balance, flexible schedule, respectful work environment.
* This is a unique position at an exciting time of growth for the company. With the right drive and initiative, this role not only presents an opportunity for your own professional development but also to make an important contribution to the future success & direction of the company.