The legal cannabis market is one of the most dynamic, fast-paced new industries on the planet. Growing adoption for recreational as well as medical use will require public perceptions to shift and evolveâ a massive marketing challenge that has to take into account compliance with multiple states and federal regulatory bodies for trade/communications as well as restrictions on fundamental ad channels taken for granted by traditional consumer product marketers.
Those who will succeed in building enduring, global cannabis brands need tools to navigate problems unique to the space. This is why AMNESIA builds products that help the top, enterprise-size cannabis brands compliantly scale their digital marketing and reach the masses with the broader mission of empowering cannabis communities to positively grow.
AMNESIA is seeking a Senior Full Stack Developer that has a solid foundation in Machine Learning and NLP to join our team on a contract basis.
You’ll collaborate closely with the founders and product team to understand our customers’ problems as well as to plan, strategize, & help to develop our enterprise marketing compliance product from closed beta stage to version one.
You will be responsible for our entire ML/NLP pipeline from ideation to final implementation in order to level up the core feature sets of our compliance product.
You should have experience building scalable/maintainable complex systems. You should have experience building intuitive products that empower users. You should be able to do all of the above quickly and more efficiently than most.
Founders are veterans of regulated markets who move quickly and are passionate about their work. Our partners and customers are the cream of the crop of the cannabis industry. This role offers huge room for growth for an aggressive and ambitious individual who is excited to work with the founders to take ownership of the core feature-sets in our new product and making a dent in one of the most exciting new industries in the world.
**This is a fully remote position.**
– Architect, design, and hands-on build the software
– Work closely with the founders and product team to build and implement ML/NLP models to improve our product experience.
– Prepares datasets to train and validate models.
– Understands and interprets data to come up with optimal feature sets.
– Deploys the machine learning algorithms into production environment.
– Documents and presents the work in a complete and consistent way.
– Produce clean, well-documented and efficient code
– Handle automation, infrastructure and orchestration
– Brainstorm new features and shape the product road map together with the founding team and clients
– 3+ years experience with machine learning, computer vision, & natural language processing required
– Ability to lead the implementation of machine learning models from problem definition to serving it in production.
– expertise in algorithms and data structure
– expertise in building APIs and back-end business logic
– experience working with Python/Django
– experience with AWS, Google Cloud
– experience working with React is preferred
– Great communication & documentation skills in English – both oral and written
– You are extremely proactive, independent and comfortable with proposing new ideas â and holding your ground when you believe you are right.
– experience developing Enterprise SaaS products
– experience with NLP models for processing biomedical, scientific or clinical text
– You significantly contributed to building an early stage product
– You were the first engineer or the lead engineer in a venture funded startup
– experience working with docker/containers and
– experience with data engineering tools and containerization
– experience using system monitoring tools and automated testing frameworks
**What We Value:**
– A high bar for quality of code and quality of user experience
– Ability to collaborate, iterate, and empathize with a variety of individuals (users and technical / non-technical stakeholders).
– Extreme curiosity, growth mindset, and ability to learn quickly and work independently.
– You are keen on learning new methodologies, technologies and tools; also, on evaluating their pros and cons. You ask questions; always eager to learn more. But you are also pragmatic.
– Ability to think through customer requirements to come up with creative and high-impact ways of solving their problems