We are looking for 1-2 creative full-stack or back-end engineers interested in building a global safety net.
ð **About SafetyWing**
At SafetyWing, we do not have a strong division between tech and product – we are all part of the product development, and we all participate in strategic decisions for the company. We believe this is the path to create great products.
Weâre a strong team of 30, our headquarter is in San Francisco, while our international team is fully distributed, stretching ten time zones (Finland to California). We are on a mission to remove the role of geographical borders as a barrier to equal opportunities and freedom for everyone. And we are doing that by creating simple health, insurance, and retirement products for remote workers worldwide, as a replacement for national welfare systems.
Our current customers are digital nomads (b2c) and remote companies (b2b).
ð» **Languages and technologies we use**
– Java (soon with the addition of Kotlin), Guice (dependency injection), Gradle
– React / Redux
– MySQL (with Hibernate and Liquibase)
– Google cloud platform
ð§ª **We are looking for someone who**
– Is great at programming and enjoys what they do
– Enjoys taking ownership over a product
– Wants to help build a global social safety net on the internet
– Thinks for themselves instead of copying others
– Is creative and bold in the face of any problem
– Is intellectually honest and have high integrity
ð§ **What we offer**
You will receive both salary and equity compensation, health insurance, laptop, a minimum of four weeks of yearly vacation, and during non-covid times we have three to four annual gatherings where you will join us, including attending a tech conference. The previous three gatherings were in Norway, Mexico, and San Francisco respectively. The next full-team gathering is planned for Ljubljana when the border situation gets better.
Find out more about us and our products at www.safetywing.com