As a Frontend Engineer, you will play a major role in rebuilding our core web experience. Youâll be part of a growing team building our next-generation fiber platform and customer experience.
Ideally, you have notable experience developing web applications using a modern frontend framework like Vue.JS or React. Are comfortable using CSS to build responsive layouts, may be familiar with Node.js, and look forward to working with teammates who share your passion for web development.
#What youâll be doing:
In the first 30 days:
* Gain deep understanding of our roadmap and help your team plan and build new web applications
* Design and implement features of growing complexity while maintaining high code quality
In the first 3 months:
* Create user-friendly web experiences and designs
* Contribute to technical design and architecture discussions
* Participate in code reviews and ensure that development standards are adhered to
In the first year:
* Own projects or features from conception to release
* Balance the need to ship code quickly with the need to make sound technical decisions.
Key skills and experience:
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
* 4-5 years experience with modern frontend frameworks like React.js, Vue.js (Vue.js is preferred).
* Experience implementing HTML and CSS from mockups using modern responsive and accessible best practices
* Experience with Git and Continuous Integration concepts and tools.
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written
Nice to have:
* Familiarity with container technologies like Docker
* Experience working in an agile environment
#About Ting Internet and Tucows:
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we donât expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. Itâs also why we foster a âwe before meâ culture.
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, weâd love to hear from you!
#About the Role:
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with invested growth opportunities. So if you are ready to be part of a fast-growing technology company where you determine your future, we want to hear from you.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.