This position is eligible for remote working opportunities within the United Kingdom.
AlphaSights provides global investment and business professionals with on-demand access to business expertise across all industries and geographies. Through AlphaSights, decision makers from investment management, private equity, management consulting, and corporates connect with a dynamic network of industry experts that provide qualitative and quantitative market insights, industry expertise, and execution support. Leveraging cutting-edge technology and our global team of 1,000+ professionals in nine offices on three continents, we support our clients 24/7 around the globe. AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Learn more at alphasights.com.
**The Engineering Manager Role**
AlphaSights’ Engineering Managers are technical team leaders early in their management experience. They are still honing their management skills with the support of more senior technical leadership, but excel at unlocking their teamâs potential for high quality delivery. They manage both the technical and the people side of their teams; being both a career mentor as well as a technical mentor for their developers. They spend a majority of their time ensuring the technical excellence of their team, unblocking their team for maximum delivery, and communicating the teamâs needs and progress to the rest of the organization. As an engineering manager you are expected to be able to write and optimize code, as well as ensure that your developers can do the same. You’ll work closely with a variety of people in the business to arrive at the best solution, immediately see the impact of your work, and get feedback directly from users.
We are seeking engineering managers looking to grow their experience and expertise, and experienced engineering leaders that are looking to expand their career into technical management. In either case, you should be skilled as an individual contributor as well as interested in running (and building) technical teams and holding them accountable to an incredibly high standard. You should be comfortable working across multiple technical languages, be excited to learn new technologies, and experienced providing technical mentorship to your teams.
– Manage a team (or subset of a team depending on experience level) of software engineers, including task planning and code reviews
– Technically manage (and typically build) large areas of our product and service ecosystem
– Work with Product Owners to flesh out business requirements and ensure that the team is solving the right problems to help the business
– Ensure that the team adheres to high standards and practices sustainable engineering
– Help your team grow from both a technical and career perspective.
– Follow an agile methodology for rapid, nimble delivery.
**What We Look For:**
– Have at least 4 years of professional development experience, and have served as a technical lead (or manager) for at least a year.
– Enjoy mentoring other team members, including code reviews and tech talks
– Can balance deep work with cross team collaboration
– Enjoy writing code in a variety of languages
– Constantly learn from and mentor other engineers
**What You Can Expect**
– You would join a dynamic, multinational, and diverse team who enjoy solving interesting problems in a collaborative environment
– We have self-taught engineers as well as graduates from top Computer Science and Engineering schools
– Your co-workers will include motivated recent graduates as well as experienced industry leaders from companies such as Google and Amazon
– This position is eligible for remote working opportunities within the United Kingdom.
Don’t worry if your experience or background doesn’t match all of these areas, we believe a broad spectrum of experience provides great perspective on solving problems in new and innovative ways and weâd love to hear from you.