Colabra’s mission is to increase the world’s scientific output.
We’re backed by top investors including Village Global, Inovia, Builders, the Technical Director of OpenAI and more.
We’re now hiring an expert-level engineering lead with experience working at early- to growth-stage startups to help us create a reliable foundation for rapid release cycles and enterprise feature requirements.
* Weâre a small team optimising for impact â not headcount.
* Weâre using a single programming language â TypeScript. Weâre using Vue.js for our front-end on both web and mobile (via Capacitor), and Hasura for our back-end.
* Your average day will be about helping team members with technical decisions, adjusting processes as needed, actually developing software, and in the future â recruiting.
* Define key engineering processes and architecture which will allow us to build, launch and scale quickly.
* Lead, mentor, and manage our development team, setting an extremely high bar for our overall engineering function.
* Work closely with the founders to maintain and evolve the technical vision and strategy, and the team structures to support them.
* Occasionally, recruit and onboard top talent. Weâre a small team, and weâre not expecting to grow the headcount a lot (but we do expect to grow the impact each of us have!)
* 5+ years in lead engineering positions at early-stage high-growth startups, and experience working in and building a remote-first team.
* Excellent technical & people skills, and the ability to see a problem from both the product and business perspectives.
* Strong experience with modern technology stacks (learning on the job is perfectly fine).
* Relentless resourcefulness, ownership mindset, and a proven record of single-handedly taking ideas from conception to live.
* Passion for the promotion of science, and experience working on B2B SaaS a plus
* ð§ª Opportunity for outsized impact, working to accelerate world-changing scientific research.
* ð Work in an async, remote-first startup where work-life balance is celebrated and promoted.
* ð° $60,000â100,000 + 0â1.0% equity
* ð 15 days of paid vacation + flexible sick days and time off.
* ð¢ Co-working, âï¸ Coffee, ð§¹ Cleaning, ð Books and ðââï¸ Fitness allowance.
* ð¥ If you don’t have public health insurance in your country of residence, SafetyWing Remote Health insurance with coverage across the world (stays of 30 days maximum in the US, Hong Kong and Singapore).