Over a million designers use Sketch to transform their ideas into incredible products. Would you like to join us and help take this leading design tool to the next level? We’re looking to expand our marketing team with a full-time Digital Designer.
What you’ll do
You’ll be joining our digital marketing team where you’ll get the opportunity to grow and shape a number of digital marketing experiences â from improving and expanding on our existing website, to new platforms that showcase the power of Sketch.
Youâll be both a thinker and a doer, full of great ideas about how we can create great digital experiences for our customers and the wider community. Youâll guide and work on design projects through their entire lifecycle â from ideation, discovery and planning, through to execution and delivery. Working with others, both inside and outside of the marketing team is a must â so collaboration will be something that comes naturally to you.
No two days are the same at Sketch, which means on a typical day you could be doing any of the following:
– Taking ownership of design briefs from ideation through to completion â working on everything from wires and journeys, to designs, prototypes and final assets.
– Mapping customer journeys through our website with the help of analytics, then making recommendations for improvement to our site and information architecture.
– Developing concepts for new experiences and functionality on our website.
– Working closely with our web team to reach the right outcomes and consensus on new and existing projects.
– Sharing your work in a weekly design review session with the wider product design teams.
– Working with the content team on new content initiatives.
– Assisting other parts of the marketing team with their design needs where necessary â from assets for social media, to content that helps educate our customers.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for an experienced and talented digital designer who wants to work as part of a fast-paced, dynamic marketing team with big ambitions for the future of our work. Ideally, you’ll display these core qualities:
– Youâre proactive and capable of thinking strategically about web properties at a holistic level, considering how each constituent part relates to and complements one another, as well as how the role the web experience plays in the broader customer experience beyond the website â for the product, customer support, social media, and communities.
– You have a solid understanding of the principles, capabilities, and constraints of the web. You donât need to know how to code, but you must be familiar with web as a design medium, and able to reflect this in the design concepts and solutions you create.
– You understand that what you see in a browser is but one representation of a website. You understand the importance of how websites are displayed in platforms such as social media and search engines, and care about good metadata and URL design.
– You respect and have interest in the role that writing and content plays in web experiences, and an understanding that design and content have a tight and co-dependent relationship.
– You champion the importance of information architecture and how it can help lead to a frictionless customer experience. In addition, you’ll know how to design for desktop, tablet and mobile.
Even if you’re not able to tick all of these boxes, we would still love to hear from you.