# What is the job?
As a DevOps Engineer at Radix, you will lovingly maintain our (your!) virtual infrastructure, while supporting the needs of our collection of community node runners to ensure smooth network operation in a variety of customer environments.
You will begin in familiar territory, performing care and feeding for dozens of virtual machines while gathering performance data and tuning for the CPU/memory/disk sweet spot which best balances performance and cost. Youâll plan and implement a network monitoring and alerting system, so that we know when things are going awry and can take action.
After you have a handle on how to keep things running smoothly, you will serve as the primary point of contact with our community node runners, devising best practices for running Radix nodes on a variety of cloud platforms and bare metal servers, and working with our technical writer to fully document those practices. Acting as tier one support, you will respond to raised issues and track them to resolution, while learning from customer experiences to feed suggestions back to our internal DevOps, QA, and Network teams. You will help design, and participate in, our on-call rotation process, to ensure that someone from Radix is always available to investigate a disruption in service.
Along the way you will establish the operational rulebook on how environments are run at Radix, handle some sysadmin-adjacent problems relating to which employees can access what, and form lifelong bonds with a team of incredible people
#What are we looking for?
* You have maintained production systems on virtual infrastructure, and you possess a healthy collection of war stories from past disasters.
* You have a wealth of knowledge about Docker which you never get to use at parties.
* Youâre handy with an assortment of scripting languages, ideally Python or Bash.
* You have a deep-seated need to automate things. The idea of doing a repeatable process manually is abhorrent to you.
* Youâre patient when dealing with others. Youâre a good listener, and happy to be a teacher when needed.
* You are a tenacious sleuth, able to persistently research and reason about difficult-to-reproduce problems until you have brought them to a satisfactory resolution.
#What do you need?
* Min 3 years experience in a DevOps role
* Production experience with cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, and Azure (We use AWS)
* Strong familiarity with Docker
* Experience working with logging, monitoring and visualization tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, and Elastic Stack
* Hands on experience with a scripting language
* Comfortable with at least one infrastructure-as-code tool, such as Ansible, Terraform, or Puppet
* Comfortable configuring and managing at least one popular Linux distribution.
* Things That Will Really Help You Stand Out
* Proven history of managing clustered/distributed environments
* Proven history of node running at scale for any blockchain/distributed ledger
* Have experience with Kubernetes (as well as Docker)
#Who are we?
At Radix, we’re a team of like-minded thinkers who have long been convinced that we’re living in the earliest stages of a global financial revolution. This revolution is being fuelled by decentralized finance (or DeFi for short), which is enabling an assortment of pioneering developers and entrepreneurs to re-invent almost every financial product that is currently traded and invested in traditional markets, without requiring central authorities or siloed infrastructure. DeFi has captured a great deal of attention and investment in the crypto-aware niche, growing assets under management from $1 billion to $40 billion in less than a year. Impressive as its growth has been, its current market size isn’t even a rounding error on the over $111 trillion held in traditional finance. We’re focused on what it will take to go from billions to trillions.
Radix went back to first principles to come up with the right technical solutionâthe first layer-one protocol built specifically for mainstream DeFiâand we have already tested out at over 1 million transactions per second. We’re keenly aware that the need for an infinitely scalable platform is only one prerequisite among many for mass adoption, and we’re also blazing new ground in the areas of purpose-built developer tools, user experiences, and regulatory integration.
We have forged a path deep into the future of what distributed ledger technology is going to look like and we need you to come and be part of the team that is making that happen right now.
If this job sounds like it was made for you, then please apply directly via the link or email email@example.com for more information.