The following job description is for our Developer Evangelist position. Not for you? Check out the other opportunities at Storj [here](https://www.storj.io/careers#open-positions)
### Storj Overview
Storj is pioneering decentralized cloud storage with the world’s first decentralized cloud object storage network. We make object storage secure, private, and more resilient than other leading cloud storage providers. Our mission is to enable the decentralized future, and our vision is to be the storage layer for the decentralized internet. To accomplish this, it is important that our team is equipped to succeed.
Storj is looking for a Developer Evangelist to help the team build an end-to-end developer engagement platform that drives adoption of its decentralized cloud storage service. You will be an advocate for Storj, communicating its benefits, values, and open source ethos to developers around the world. You will also act as a spokesperson and thought leader within the community and to other external audiences. This includes in-person presentations, hackathons, events, webinars and other online presentations, as well blogs and other written content. You will need a strong development background to assist our community of developers as they build on top of Storj.
* Code and build simple projects that showcase the privacy, security, and other benefits of Storjâs decentralized cloud storage service.
* Support the product team by helping them understand the needs of developers and how preferences and feedback translate into the user experience.
* Form relationships with developers both inside and outside of the community, work with them to understand their needs, and advocate for them within the company to show how internal teams at Storj can help them.
* Present to developers at tradeshows, webinars, and other events both in-person and online.
* Publish content about Storjâs offerings including blogs, guides, documentation, code samples, tutorials, podcasts, etc.
* Support developers on our forum with issues they encounter while integrating with Storj.
* Experience building relationships with developers in a programmatic technology evangelist, advocate, or other relevant positions and experience.
* Ability to work with developers to earn their trust and assist them with projects.
* Willingness to spend 25-50% of your time traveling (when travel is safe)âboth domestic and internationalâto tradeshows, conferences, and meetups subject to pandemic-related travel restrictions. This includes weekends on occasion.
* An establishedâor willingness to establishâprofessional presence on social media, forums, and other communities of developers .
* Advanced public presentation skills with the ability to influence tech audiences.
### At Storj, People Really Matter:
Our mission cannot be achieved without our talented people, so we provide meaningful professional engagement and a generous, comprehensive benefits package. Storj promotes empowerment and progress through company-wide and individualized training opportunities, proactive diversity efforts, and peer mentorship. Our comprehensive employee benefits include generous healthcare and insurance coverage, FSA and transportation reimbursement plans, a 401(k) plan, competitive equity, unlimited PTO, and six-weeks paid parental leave.
Storj is headquartered in Atlanta and has team members around the globe. As a remote-first company, weâve built a culture based on transparency, inclusion, and open communication. Storj hosts regularly scheduled week-long gatherings (optional in-person when travel is safe) for collaborative work and team building.
### Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
At Storj Labs, we celebrate diversity and strive for an inclusive work culture. More than a statement on our careers page, these concepts are ingrained in our core values:
**Secure** – We believe security and privacy in product, process, and habit is key to everything we do.
**Together** – We inspire, execute, and celebrate as one team, with a commitment to trust, inclusion, collaboration, and accountability.
**Open** – Weâre committed to the free and open sharing of software, information, knowledge, and ideas.
**Resolute** – We have the courage to do the right thing, even if it is not the easy thing. We resolve always to treat others ethically, with empathy, understanding, and trust.
**Empowered** – We empower our users to control their data, our teammates to do great work, and our community to build economic value.
**Different** – We think differently, act differently, and always strive to make a difference.
We donât make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Franciscoâs Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.