#### We are looking for a full-time Customer Success Specialist on a US timeline, based in California (must be a Californian resident for tax purposes) to work from 7am to 3pm Friday to Tuesday.
Weâre after someone who will be like a dog with a bone when it comes to troubleshooting, who is passionate about knowing every facet of Paperform’s Product, and gets a huge kick out of working with Excel-style calculations (check out our âCalculationâ feature for context!). This is a super nerdy role. Above all, we need a candidate who is able to build a rapport with our user-base and carries on our solid reputation for excellent customer support.
Day to day, youâll be supporting our users, improving and creating educational resources, working closely with our Product and Growth Teams, and contributing ideas to innovate our approach to support.
There will be significant ongoing opportunities to learn and grow with the company as you work closely with our Customer Success Lead, as well as the Cofounders as we continue to scale Paperform. This role lends itself to progression into tech and product work. Weâll help you to achieve your goals by supporting you, and welcome innovative ideas you bring to the table.
An ideal candidate will be self-motivated, take initiative and ownership of their responsibilities, and be extremely competent in solving problems without needing to be micromanaged. Working as part of a remote team you will be expected to be able to communicate clearly with the team over a variety of different mediums (video calls, Asana, Slack etc.), be comfortable with raising issues or questions along the way, and providing insights.
* Conducting live chats with users and leads: answering and troubleshooting, assigning/escalating tickets, and being the face of Paperform.
* Reviewing, editing, and creating resources (help docs, templates etc.).
* Reporting on customer feedback, feature requests, and anything else support related.
* Youâll work on cross-functional projects with Tech/Product, Growth, and Operations.
### Important Skills
We are looking for an enthusiastic and quick learner who is ready to jump into a customer support and content role. The most important skills for this job are:
#### Tech Skills:
* Excellent at troubleshooting and resolving complex problems, especially with Excel-style calculations
* Sound knowledge of HTML and CSS
* Basic understanding of support apps, like Intercom, and other tools like Google Drive, Notion, Slack, Asana
* Programming skills will give you an edge for this role, and also open the potential for you to work with Product.
#### Other Skills:
* Communications: youâve got to be able to communicate complex concepts in simple terms, and to quickly build a rapport with customers.
* Self Starter / Self learner: take ownership of their role, and drive it to completion with minimal supervision.
* Team Player: while being self-motivated, illustrate the ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and work efficiently in a team.
* Adaptable to Change: Possess the ability to adapt quickly to new circumstances and situations.
### Youâre a good fit if you:
* Love tech and pick up new products quickly.
* Canât sleep if you know thereâs a better way of doing something, or a way to solve a problem.
* Try everything in your power to solve an issue before assigning it to someone else.
* Communicate well through tools like Slack, Asana, email, and video conferencing tools.
* Enjoy moving super fast on tasks, and loath death by meetings.
* Take ownership of your work, and can manage projects and work to deadlines.
* Have a high level of spoken English.
* Have strong attention to detail and can spot a typo from a mile away.
### What we offer:
* Work from your home. Weâre a global team and weâre remote-first.
* 4 weeks PTO. Family and your health come first, and we encourage our Team to take regular breaks.
* Paid parental leave.
* We want to ensure you have all the equipment needed to do your job well. Weâll provide you with the tech, software, and professional development costs you need. Weâll also provide a monthly stipend to cover off desk hire in a space of your choice.
* We cover all costs of company travel, including our retreat which is in Sydney, Australia.
* We give you the opportunity to work alongside everyday folks who need help getting across the latest tech – our work is meaningful and rewarding.
* We give each of our Customer Success Team âproject timeâ to work on an area of the business they have an interest in, including opportunities to work with Tech on product dev and debugging.
* We are extremely transparent about how we run Paperform as a successful bootstrapped SaaS company – we meet a few times a month to go over how the business is doing an share what weâre learning with the entire Team.
**What happens after you apply?**
We’ll ask you to do a short test as part of your application. If that goes well, weâll invite you to interview.
We receive a high volume of applications for every role we post – please be patient as we review and give every candidate the attention they deserve. Unfortunately, we wonât be able to answer every application we receive; if you donât hear from us within the next 2 weeks, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We encourage you to keep an eye out for upcoming roles in the future.