Coursedog is a Series A stage Y Combinator & First Round Capital-backed startup building software that powers Higher Education. We were recently ranked in Forbes top 500 US startup employers and our employee engagement scores rank in the top 5% of tech companies. You can learn more about our culture here: https://www.notion.so/coursedog1/The-Coursedog-Brain-e49387c1986b46c8ae72d6b98b89adcf
Today, Coursedog partners with 80 universities such as Columbia University, Stanford University & City University of New York to break down barriers in curriculum management. We help campuses save time, grow enrollment and accelerate time to graduate. Our product vision is to rebuild all of Higher Education software from the ground up in the cloud.
We are looking for a Backend Node.JS Engineer to join the Coursedog engineering team. The ideal candidate will be a proven technologist, passionate about software engineering, and have deep technical understanding of technologies such as Node.js. The position will be responsible for our backend services, infrastructure, and databases, and is also likely to touch the frontend quite a bit as well.
As a company, we value diversity and inclusion. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
**What You Will Do:**
* Use Node.js, MongoDB, and other BE tools to design and implement the underlying application logic and database structure powering our APIs.
* Improving our AWS infrastructure and overall application performance
* Work closely with other developers and infrastructure engineers to analyze and design the application architecture, and * * implement the functional requirements.
* Understand the needs of our clients to develop and improve the end-user experience.
* Collaborate with product managers to develop and enhance our products according to our product roadmap and business strategy
* Nice to have: familiarity with frontend frameworks such as Vue.JS
* Naturally curious and willing to step into the userâs shoes
* 3+ years of full-stack development experience
* Full professional proficiency in English
* Deep technical knowledge and expertise in BE technologies and tools (Node.js, Express, MongoDB)
* Demonstrated experience with designing REST APIs, building SPA and Git version control
* Experience with building complicated, enterprise-level systems
* Experience with unit and e2e testing
* Owners mentality
* Comfortable with working in a fully remote team